Belonging to the family of companies founded in 1995 and headed by ConsumerInfo.com (an Experian company), FreeCreditScore seeks to give consumers quick, easy, and inexpensive access to their credit histories. FreeCreditScore now leads the industry in providing online consumer credit reports, credit scores, credit monitoring, and other credit-related information.
Products and Services
FreeCreditScore offers customers a Triple Advantage membership, which grants them the following benefits:
- Access to their Experian Credit Report and PLUS Score;
- Bi-Monthly Score Monitoring and Alerts;
- Daily Credit Monitoring and Alerts;
- Fraud Resolution Support;
- $50,000 Product Guarantee (Due to New York state law restrictions, the FreeCreditScore.com product guarantee does extend to residents of New York.).
Pricing And Cancellation
FreeCreditScore Membership costs $14.95 per month.
Customers may cancel their membership at any time. Canceling customers can expect no refund for their membership fees. Customers wishing to cancel their membership must contact Customer Care by telephone at 1-877-300-2506.
- Physical Address: ConsumerInfo.com, Attn: Customer Care, PO Box 19729 / Irvine, CA 92623-9729
- Email: support@FreeCreditScore.com
FreeCreditScore’s Call Center operates during the hours of 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM on weekdays and 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM on weekends (all hours Pacific Time).
Though FreeCreditScore’s website is difficult to navigate, the company does offer a product that compares favorably to those of other credit monitoring agencies. In fact, FreeCreditScore’s product runs slightly cheaper than those of its competitors. That price difference alone gives FreeCreditScore a distinct market advantage.